I got given a few tosto seedling and I just couldn't resist planting them out. They've been in a week and so far so good. I tucked them under other plants to give them some protection.
Also, on 14 Oct, I planted a new bed with summer crops. Direct seed. They have no protection other than a thin layer of mulch.
Today I saw some have started planting.
I put in corn, beans, cucumbers, eggplant and tomatoes.
Here's a rough guide of where everything went.
After more research I worked out that Caprimec and noromectin are both mectins so I decided to use Panacur instead. Last time 2x the dose gave 50% reduction so now we did 3x dose. Pilly got 12 ml or Pan100. Monty 15. Both took it easily. Tag's dose was 15. I loaded to 18 then 10. She took most of it.
The idea this time is to treat 3 times, 10 days apart, with tests at every point.
Then move to clean paddock 10 days after last dose.
Before the first treatment, I collected a sample to give me a base line. Note NO treatment had been given since receiving high results while we were away.
At the end of June, Monty was 720 and Tag 1860. I had not tested Pilly as she was 0 in early June.
The results for this pre-treatment samples came late.
Meanwhile on 28August I repeated the doses for Pilly and Monty and in 29th for Tag (she took it well this time.
Then I got the first results back and realised I should have only treated Tag.
This is what was found, which was very interesting given no treatment had been given since previous high results. How did Monty fix himself?
So after the first treatment, Monty doubled (I think we just assume he was about the same) and Tag was nearly 1/2. We'll continue monitoring them all but treating just Tag.
And after one more treatment for Tag, we are finally down to an acceptable level. We'll see for how long… no paddock move.
I am getting a bit desperate about the goat worms. After re-treating in May the count was lower but still high
We were away while this result came in so we couldn't do anything.
When we returned, the eye lids looked better than ever so we didn't do anything.
Yesterday I noticed Tag and possibly Monty were having some clamped poos. Tag has also been gorging on the salt lick.
I am almost too scared to test again but will need to do something about it soon.
All goats got Noromectin for worms (4ml for Tag and Monty, 2.5ml for Pilly) and 1 ml Glenvac from a new pack (pictured here as it comes out of the pack before use).
So much has happened…
In late January Miley passed away in the night with a horrible screech. Suspected heart attack.
In March we had to put down Snowy bunny as her eye tumour was spreading to her mouth.
Neither Lillypilly goat nor Reba llama got pregnant so we had no babies this year.
After worming the goats in Jan with Notonectin, the results were great , but over the last few days she had been acting strange which made me suspect she's high again. And sure enough she was (see below) will treat her again tomorrow and check again.
Today we also got 3 ex battery hens arrive
Gotta love summer. All the bugs are having a great time.
I found our dog Miley to have fleas so I treated her for that. I also gave her worming tablets. She has been losing condition so I hope this will fix her. If not it’ll be vet next week.
We gave the goats a bunch of injections:
Tag got 4 ml Noromectin subq for pigs and cattle . Dose for 100kg. This has a 1 month milk withholding
Monty got 4ml Nornerctin and what I had left of Cartropgen for his legs. It was only 1.5ml which is 1/2 dose
Pinky got 2.5 ml Noromectin and 1 ml glen act as a booster one month before she’s due to kid IF she is pregnant…