I haven’t been making much cheese lately so when I set off to make a batch of chevre yesterday I checked this blog for instructions, but realised I didn’t have any.
So here is what I did:
- Got some fresh milk from my Tag (goat)
- While still warm from her I poured in some chevre cultures and stirred
- Left it sitting overnight at room temperature
- This morning I strained it into a cloth
- And it is now hanging to drain the last of the whey out.
This is usually delicious as a cheese on crackers or in salads but this time I’ll try making ravioli with our own silverbeet and eggs for the pasta.