Wormy goats

tge goats looked fine but after discussions with breeders about rotating paddocks, which we font do o tot the it poi tester and to my horror their worm count came back really high, around 2000 per g. 

   I started giving them : ACV in the water, livamol  and sea week in a dish. They seem to like  the livamol. I tried 1/4 teaspoon of copper sulphate which they didn’t take. Put some on their gums once. 

Plan us now to drench twice 48 hrs apart then move to clean paddock another 48 later.

Calculated their weight using heart girth x heart girth x shoulder to hip length / 300. This is done in inches and gives you weight in pounds. Tag and minty came to about 75kg, Pilly at 25. She got 7.5 ml of Caprinec the others got 20. Did that yesterday. Tomorrow second drenching. 10 days after that I’ll re-test them and 2 weeks from tomorrow I’ll re-drench.

Hopefully this’ll fix it. 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s