Did a bit of an experiment with 100% coconut wine soap.
Boiled the alcohol out of the soap then cooked and added at trace after using a 50-50 lye solution, much as with milk.
The wine soap went very brown.
Traced quite fast
Then the whole thing got quite warm and through get phase.
Used lemongrass and geranium eo so the soap doesn’t stink but might be a bit too much scent.
Still happy with the result. But will try adding some pink clay next time.
Also restocked salt bars and zebra soap. All went well.
For the zebra, maybe petitgrain is a bit strong
But the double batch worked well:
1. Mixed oils and lye to just emulsification
2. Taken 1350g each into 2 containers
3 added charcoal to one- bar mixed
4. Added diluted TD and oatmeal to the other- mixed with whisk
5. Added eo to each
7. Repeated for next loaf. This time I added eo before splitting the batter, it actually helped thinning it out.
WordPress.com is excited to announce our newest offering: a course just for beginning bloggers where you’ll learn everything you need to know about blogging from the most trusted experts in the industry. We have helped millions of blogs get up and running, we know what works, and we want you to to know everything we know. This course provides all the fundamental skills and inspiration you need to get your blog started, an interactive community forum, and content updated annually.
At the ending sept I vaccinated the goats with 1 ml Glenvac. About 3 weeks later Blossom started getting scabs on her back legs… mites? Greasy heel? General low immune system? Could it be due to vax?
I didn’t repeat it 30 days later.
As the scabs got worse and she got wounds I decided to take her to Braidwood. He made suggestions above and treated with 2x 10ml Pennicillin injected sq 2-3 days apart (I gave second dose yesterday 9 Nov) and 1.5 ml demodex(a mectin) also injected sq.
I am to repeat the demodex in 10 days and I have an extra dose in case.
She seems happy enough and seems to be healing.
Wormed Tag with17 ml Panacur 100 (slightly out of date) after she tested at 1500 wormcountb on 25 Sept.
Also vaccinated everyone 3 weeks ago
This huge batch should make 57-60 bars. All went quite well.
UPDATE- should have used HEAPED teaspoons instead of leveled for the charcoal, so the batch turned out grey. Tried rebatching some and adding charcoal. Now it is black enough but very rough. Will just keep the grey
So today I got results back. The sample labelled Tag is the one I took after she had been free ranging and before worming her. Tag 2 is a mo th post worming.
Will not treat for now.
So Tag was a massive 3600 at last count a while back but I decided not to treat her. Instead I let the free range, added bioworma to their feed and just a few days ago I started adding DE to their feed. I don’t suppose the latter would have done anything yet.
They seem happy enough but Tag’s eye lid seemed paler yesterday so decided to treat today.
Since neither clear nor white drenches have worked much lately, I thought of using both together so both Tag and Monty got: 15 mlPanacur 100 + 4ml sq injection of Noromectin (both just slightly out of date so might be less effective). Will need to buy more but reluctant until I know what works.
I have taken a poo sample from Tag to send for count as a base line.
Vaccinated all goats including babies with 1 ml Glenvac, not Harvey as he is going to his new hone on Friday and didn’t want him to be sick.
Restocked black soap all good
Lillypilly died on 19 Jan 2019. Babies are doing ok.
Tag and Monty tested around 1000 worms so I now treated with caprimec. 23ml for Tag and 30 for Monty, they both spat out a bit but not much. The product expires a few mo the ago but was stored in fridge so will give it a go.
1. Made the lavender swirl winter wonderland shampoo bars again. Tried a two toned purple design but both sheds cane out the sane.
Also I left the lavender infusing in the lye water for several days and the water was very brown. I was worried this would make the the soap very yellow and turn the purple brown so I added TD to the purple. That was a mistake as it diluted the purple without being necessary as the uncoloured soap turned out white anyway.
Also this was made on a very hot day and it was super soft but I don’t think I could water discount further or I won’t have time for the design.
2. The workshop recipe is so replicable and easy to use but ashes badly so decided to work with it and make a white soap. Added poppy seeds for interest. Glad I didn’t add TD as it wasn’t necessary in spite of the dark orange eo.
Tried a further water discount for this recipe which worked great and a SF 6 as I sometimes I find it a bit harsh. We’ll see…
Lillypilly had triplets on 30 Dec 2018.
We noticed she was in labour at 7.15 am with mucus coming out. By 10.30 Stella came out. Very tiny, followed by bright yellow liquid (meconium). She took 3-4 contractions about 1.30- 1.50 min apart to fully cone out. After a short break Harvey was born. Almost an hour later we thought the placenta was coming but Clementine came out flying.
Stella is very small but strong and keen. The others are super healthy.
Pilly had lots of milk so we bottle fed Stella colostrum as she could not stand for almost 24 hrs. Now she can drink mostly unassisted.
Pilly took a beating, was really exhausted. and didn’t pass the placenta.
Vet came at 11 on 31 Dec. gave Pilly oxytocin, penicillin and melacam. She got very bubbly but only for a few hours.
Thankfully Pilly has been eating and drinking well throughout.
We don’t know if she passed the placenta. She has been very particular about eating it.
But she has improved a lot. She is still bleeding and slow but seems on the mend. More antibiotics on 3 Jan.
She seems to have ran out of milk but that’s because the babies are already stripping her. They are bouncy and are doing plenty of poos and wees.
The heat has been very nasty so today we moved them to the rooster pen